There are a few risks that come with running a business especially a nursing home abuse lawyer NYC. For instance, the property might be destroyed by a natural disaster, an employee could be injured while on the property, or a client can sue because of a contractual breach. That’s why small business insurance policies are important. Here are a few reasons why you should apply for small business insurance today.
• A Legal Requirement: By law, you’re required to apply for various types of insurance policies such as worker’s compensation, disability insurance and unemployment insurance for your business. Failure to have these coverages will result in penalties and heavy fines. Also, your business could be excluded from public contracts.
• When Sued: People have become very litigious and if there’s a liability claim from one of your clients without the proper insurance, your business will close down. Whether it’s a disgruntled employee or dissatisfied client, your business could fold completely without an insurance cover. With liability insurance cover, you’re completely protected.
• Keep The Business Open: In the event of a natural disaster like an earthquake or flood, an insurance policy will replace the loss of property and possessions. Also, if you have a business owners insurance policy, you can get back the money you lost when the business was closed. Therefore, you will not be taking a loss during the renovations because you’re completely covered.
• Credibility: Did you know that having insurance for your small business makes it look credible? Your clients will immediately know that you’re a safe choice. Also, in the event that something goes wrong when you’re providing your services, you can always compensate effortlessly.
• Employee Protection: Did you know that the success or failure your business is determined by your employees? Therefore, they are the most important assets your business can ever acquire. By law, you’re required to have worker’s compensation insurance policy. That way, your employees are protected in the event of an accident and your business can survive the liability claims.
• Protection From Natural Disasters: Due to global warming, the tides have turned and the weather has become completely unpredictable. Now more than ever, there are reports of floods, hurricanes, tornados and much more. Therefore, with the right insurance policy, your business is protected from these acts of God.
In conclusion, if you want to run your small business successfully, you need business insurance. However, make a point of comparing different insurers to make an informed choice on the right policy for you.